It’s #WhatsCookinWednesday and what could be better than this #WhatsCookinWednesday Low Carb Instant Pot Lemon Chicken With Garlic? In my humble opinion… not a lot!
I know this is the time of year where things get a little hectic, and far too hot to spend hours in the kitchen, so I have the perfect solution for his busy summer season… and that is this one-pot meal that is easy to prepare, packed with flavor and good for you! This Instant Pot Lemon Chicken packed with an amazing buttery and garlic flavor that is sure to make your mouth do somersaults.
Though you can pair this delectable dish with just about any veggie, my favorite is asparagus… cause asparagus is healthy and delicious.
Let’s get started!
Serves 3. Each serving comes out to be 558 Calories, 46g Fat, 5g Net Carbs, and 28g Protein.
- 6-8 boneless chicken breasts
- Sea salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (swap with olive oil for paleo)
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth **PLEASE SEE NOTES BELOW
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream leave out for paleo
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish if desired
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and chili flakes. Press the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot.
- Press the Sauté function (Normal setting) on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot. (I use a 6 Quart Instant Pot DUO)
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and sauté on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside. Once browned, remove from the Insta-pot and set aside. Melt butter in Insta-pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add Italian seasoning, lemon zest and chicken broth.
- Select the Manual (older models) or Pressure Cooker (newer models) button and adjust the timer to 7 minutes. It will take 7-10 minutes to come to pressure. When complete, release the pressure after 2 minutes, then remove the lid.
- Remove chicken from Instant Pot using tongs and set aside on a large serving plate. Stir in heavy cream (if using) into the Instant Pot. If you like your sauce thicker – you can thicken with a cornstarch slurry (if not low carb) or arrowroot starch slurry (or xanthum gum) by mixing 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch (arrowroot starch) mixed with 1 teaspoon cold water). Turn Instant Pot to SAUTE and allow the w sauce to bubble and thicken. Turn off and add chicken back to the Instant Pot to coat with sauce. Sprinkle chicken with chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Enjoy and I won’t be mad at you if you bring me some!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Low Carb Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole, I spied it on joyfilledeats.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for chicken. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!