Okay, so I know that I selected a salad for last week too, but really a Thai Pork this Whatscookinwednesday recipe was just too good to pass up! I eat pork rather often because it’s so easy to prepare and I can make up a large batch in a slow cooker or other method and have a few dishes already prepared. That’s important when classes start so early and end so late in the evening.
Now you may be thinking that this recipe will have a traditional flavor like Carnitas or Traditional BBQ, but nope… Ruled.me created this pork recipe with some Eastern influence with a Thai Style BBQ sauce. I say delicious and I know you will too!
This recipe is so easy to make and still has layers and layers of flavor and you get a great texture in every bite with crisp lettuce, juicy pork and a creamy sauce. Can you say cornucopia of goodness in every bite? The crunchy crackling on top acts as a crouton to complement all of the Asian flavors. You will love the cilantro and peanut butter works together to create a fresh flavor that really goes well with the crispy pork skins.
Yields 2 servings at 458.75 Cal per serving, 33.22g Fat, 8.15g Net Carbs, and 28.9g Protein.
- 10 ounces pulled pork (Recipe Here)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Juice & zest of ½ lime
- 1 teaspoon five spice
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 4 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 10 drops liquid stevia
- ½ teaspoon mango extract
- In a bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients together (except for cilantro and lime zest).
- Chop cilantro and zest a lime and add to the sauce.
- Mix the Thai BBQ sauce together well, and then set aside.
- Using your fingers, or a knife, pull apart the pork.
- That’s it! Assemble the salad and glaze over the pork with some sauce. Depending on how you like it, you may have extra sauce to work with so you can save it for another salad!
Follow the link to the preparation for the pork up there!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Thai BBQ Pork Salad I spied it on ruled.me, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!