Today’s WhatsCookinWednesday I bring you the Keto Stuffed Beef Rolls. In this recipe, you can use just about any kind of beef that you want that is large enough to stuff such as flank steak. Cut the steak into thin layers and pound until they are about 1/2 to 1/4 inch thick. You can use just about any yummy ingredient in the center such as basil, sundried tomato, spinach and cheese like feta or just about anything your imagination can come up with.
If you’re watching calories the prosciutto is optional. Just truss tie the beef or use toothpicks to secure during frying.
This is a super easy recipe to make. You can make extra and have something for lunch the next day or make enough to feed your entire family.
Yields 2 servings at 423.5 Cal per serving, 31.79g Fat, 5.63g Net Carbs, and 25.39g Protein. (for the entire meal)
The Pulled Pork:
- 100 grams of thinly sliced flank steak
- 25 grams of prosciutto
- 50 grams of cream cheese
- 25 grams of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 25 grams of swiss cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 100 grams of mushrooms (personally I forgo the mushrooms)
- 1/4 large onion
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375f.
- Dice onions and mushrooms into small bite-sized pieces.
- Heat pan to medium heat to melt half of the butter then add minced garlic.
- Fry for a couple of minutes then add onion.
- Saute onions until they are translucent then add your diced mushrooms to the pan.
- Cook down for approximately 20 minutes until well caramelized and browned.
- Add cream cheese and mix through the vegetables until melted.
- Add the cheeses to the pan and allow to melt while mixing into the mixture.
- Once the cheese has melted, add the spinach and allow this to wilt and combine with the stuffing mix well.
- Once done, remove from the heat and allow to cool briefly.
- Prepare your beef. Lay your prosciutto flat on a chopping block overlapping itself slightly and place the feel over the top.
- Evenly spread your stuffing mixture onto the beef so it covers the beef. Leave the edges free to prevent stuffing from spilling over the edges.
- Roll your stuffed beef up using the prosciutto.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Melt remaining butter in a pan over medium-high heat and place your beef roll in the pan to brown. Keep turning until evenly browned then remove and place into your preheated oven.
- Cook in the oven for about 15-10 minutes until beef has cooked through.
The only thing better than how this recipe looks is the way it tastes. Yum!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Pulled Pork Recipe with Oopsie Bread and Slaw recipe, I spied it on ruled.me, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!