It’s #WhatsCookinWednesday and I have a great one for you with this delicious and tender Keto Pulled Pork Sandwich. There is no way you will feel you are giving up a thing with this hearty treat. This pulled pork recipe will rock your taste buds with tender, juicy, flavor that is entirely weightloss friendly. Provided of course that you are following a sensible keto nutritional plan.
This is one of the more satisfying recipes I have offered up and I am sure you won’t stop at a single bite. In other words… you are going to love it!
Each serving comes out to be 1023 KCal, 92g Fat, 10g Net Carbs, and 36g Protein. (for the entire meal)
The Pulled Pork:
- 1 tbsp cocoa nibs or cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp anise seeds or fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 5 oz of cream cheese
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 lb turnip
- 1 carrot or apple (optional)
- 1 cup keto friendly mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grind spices and cacao nibs in a food processor or a coffee grinder.
- Mix ground spices with the olive oil and spread all over the surface of the pork.
- Salt the seasoned meat and put in a slow cooker.
- Cook for 5 hours on low heat or four on medium heat.
- Remove pork from the slow cooker and pull the meat apart using two forks.
- Serve with sliced red onion, sliced pickles, lettuce, oopsie bread with mayo and grated slaw.
- Preheat oven to 150C or 300F
- Separate the eggs; put the egg whites in one bowl and the yolks in another.
- Whip egg whites together with salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolk and cream cheese well. To make the oopsie more bread-like, add in the optional psyllium seed husk and baking powder.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture – try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put eight dollops on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until they turn golden.
- Allo oopsies to cool on a rack. They can be stored in a fridge for 2-3 days and be thawed at room temperature or in a toaster.
- Rinse and peel vegetables. It isn’t necessary to peel the apple, just core it.
- Grate everything into rough pieces by hand or in a machine.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and mix.
- Season to taste.
If you want to lower the carb instake even more… skip the slaw!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Pulled Pork Recipe with Oopsie Bread and Slaw recipe, I spied it on dietdoctor.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!