This nacho steak skillet features roasted cauliflower, thinly sliced steak, cheese, and lots of fun nacho toppings all within healthy keto range. As ruled me would say, “I think this qualifies as keto comfort food!” You can serve this at the family dinner table and let everyone fix up their bowls however they like or you can treat it nacho tray style and leave the cauliflower on the sheet pan and just put all of the toppings on there and let them scoop up a nice sized helping. You are in complete control here!
If you aren’t a fan of spicy foods you can leave off the jalapeño slices.
You know what pair perfectly with this dish? Guacamole. We’ve provided links to two recipes for guacamole that you might like. The first is a classic guacamole with traditional style ingredients, and the second is a bacon and roasted garlic guacamole that are sure to impress!
Yields 5 servings at 385.4 Cal per serving, 30.67g Fat, 5.9g Net Carbs, and 18.87g Protein. (for the entire meal)
- 8 ounces beef round tip steak, thinly sliced*
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup refined coconut oil. melted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1lb 8oz cauliflower
- 1 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce shredded Monterey jack
- 30 g canned jalapeño slices
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 136 g avocado
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Remove the leaves and bottom of stem from your cauliflower. Slice the cauliflower across the head. It will break up into chip-like shapes.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl whisk together the coconut oil, chili powder, and turmeric. Add the cauliflower and gently toss until it’s all evenly coated.
- Spread the cauliflower out on a baking sheet. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting you can get the rest of it ready. Preheat a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat. Liberally season both sides of your steak with salt and pepper. Add the butter to the skillet and let it melt. Once it stops foaming lay the steak down into the pan. Cook without disturbing until it begins to cook through. Flip to cook the other side then remove from the pan.
- Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and transfer the florets to your cast iron pan.
- Slice up the steak into fork-sized strips.
- Top the cauliflower with the steak.
- Top the skillet with both shredded cheeses and the jalapeño slices. Bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and hot sauce. You can garnish with cilantro and slices of green onion if you desire.
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Nacho Steak Skillet, I spied it on ruled.me, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!