I was out on a business dinner last night at a local establishment and it inspired this #WhatsCookinWednesday recipe for a Keto friendly Chicken Caesar Salad. I was really in the mood for a salad last night, plus it was one of the few things on the menu that looked to be keto friendly. The only thing… they used mayonnaise without all of the goodies that make it a Caeser. To say it was flavorless is an understatement. This one has mayo too but everything you need to enjoy it! So… I set out to find a tasty Keto Chicken Caesar Salad that you’re sure to love. Try it out!
Yields 2 servings at 993 Cal per serving, 86g Fat, 4g Net Carbs, and 47g Protein.
- 10 OZ chicken breasts
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 3 OZ bacon
- 7 OZ romaine lettuce
- 1 OZ freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 CUP mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, zest, and juice
- 2 TBSP grated parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP OZ finely chopped filets of anchovies
- 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk or an immersion blender. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil or melted butter on top. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 min or until fully cooked through. You can also cook the chicken on the stove top if you prefer.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Shred the lettuce and place as a base on two plates. Place sliced chicken and the crispy, crumbled bacon on top.
- Finish with a generous dollop of dressing and a good grating of parmesan cheese.
Now that is a Caesar Salad!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Chicken Caesar Salad, I spied it on dietdoctor.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!