#WhatscookinWednesday Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups
It’s that time of the week again and I thought we would try a little something different and go for a binge worthy breakfast recipe that I have renamed the #WhatscookinWednessday Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups. I can’t take credit for this declious cornucopia of goodness and flavor because I borrowed it from my favorite keto recipe site Ruledme.com. I can take credit for bringing it straight to your eyes though and picking out this goodie for today. If you aren’t a fan of the spicy variety just omit the jalapeno and have yourself an equally delicious morsel or two.
Here’s what you need to know:
This makes a total of 12 Jalapeno Popper Egg Cups. Each Egg Cup comes out to be 157.17 Calories, 12.28g Fats, 1.35g Net Carbs, and 9.75g Protein.
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 4 medium jalapeño peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Get all ingredients ready. Measure out all cheese and grate as needed. Prep the jalapenos by seeding and chopping them. Save 1 jalapeno that you can cut into rings as a garnish for the top. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Pre-cook bacon so it’s semi crisp but still pliable. Save bacon grease in the pan.
- 3. Using a hand mixer, mix together eggs, cream cheese, chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers, leftover bacon grease, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4. Grease wells of muffin tin, then place par-cooked bacon around the edges.
- 5. Pour egg mixture into the wells of the muffin tin. Make sure you only go about half-way to 2/3 way up as they rise quite a lot. Oh! This is the reason you only see 4 muffins in the following pictures – I overfilled the first batch of 12 and they turned into Frankenstein muffins.
- 6. Add cheddar cheese on the top of the muffin, then a jalapeno. Cook at 375F for 20-25 minutes.
- 7. Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool. They will slowly deflate and give you a great treat.
- 8. Serve and enjoy!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious recipe but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you are in the Mississauga, Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Bootcamp, Clubbell Yoga, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership and find out if FIT is right for you!