#WhatscookinWednesday: Get Your Fat Burn On With This Caprese Chicken Thigh Keto Recipe
It’s an especially cold winter this year and I can’t think of anything better than shaking off the cold than enjoying this hearty healthy Caprese Chicken Thigh keto recipe!
Enjoy this protein-packed cornucopia of goodness for your dinner tonight courtesy of my favorite Keto recipe site: www.ruledme.com
This makes a total of 6 servings of Caprese Chicken Thighs. Each serving comes out to be 476.83 Calories, 35.38g Fats, 1.98g Net Carbs, and 36.82g Protein. Serve over some nice fresh Zucchini strips for an extra tasty treat!
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 6 medium boneless, skinless, chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 5 ounces sliced tomato
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Preheat a cast iron (or other oven-safe) skillet over medium-high heat. Add the butter and allow it to melt.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper then lay them down in the skillet.
- Let the chicken thighs brown for several minutes until they are golden, before flipping over and cooking the other side.
- In a food processor blend the basil leaves, olive oil, and pine nuts. Season with additional salt.
- Turn off the heat under the skillet. Spoon the pesto sauce over the chicken thighs.
- Layer with the tomato and mozzarella.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the cheese is melted and browned.
Ruled me has some advice about the oil. After you cook this dish there is a lot of oil left over at the bottom of the pan. To get a more accurate understanding of the fat, you can measure the oil at the bottom of the pan and deduct it from the gross (total…not yucky) fat.
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious recipe but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you are in the Mississauga, Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Bootcamp, Clubbell Yoga, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership and find out if FIT is right for you!