#WhatscookinWednesday: Bulletproof Coffee Will Make You Bulletproof
Butter + Coconut Butter + Coffee = Super Powers!
Recipe courtesy of: bravoforpaleo.com
Red Bull doesn’t give you wings… Bulletproof Coffee does!
The premise of this Bulletproof Coffee is to get a good dose of healthy fats from unsalted butter from grass-fed cows and then also from the added MCT oil. Starting the day with healthy fats provides energy, is good for cognitive function, and supports your hormonal system.
However, if you’re trying to cut calories or saturated fat, be aware that bulletproof coffee may replace a portion of your breakfast, as it’s approximately 200-300 calories. It is filling, and a great accompaniment to your pre-workout morning routine, or pre-work morning snack.
Ingredients and Instructions
1. Boil 1 cup filtered water.
2. Use the water to brew strong black coffee from 2 1/2 heaping Tbsp of freshly ground coffee beans.
3. Add 1 tsp MCT oil (you can work up to 1 to 2 Tbsp over several days).
4. Add 1 Tbsp grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee (you can work up to 2 or more Tbsp over several days).
5. Mix in a blender for at least 20 seconds, until it’s creamy and no oil sits on the surface.
You’re only one workout away from a good mood, enhanced self-esteem, and improved fitness! Join the Fit1 Bootcamp team in our Etobicoke gym for classes year round, indoors in the winter, and indoors and outdoors in the summer.
Co-Ed Bootcamp Classes in Etobicoke, Toronto
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00am – 8:00am, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00am
Saturday: Karma Classes (minimum $5 donation to abilitygives.org) 9:00am
Women Only Bootcamp Classes in Etobicoke, Toronto
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:30am-10:30am
Personal Training in Etobicoke, Toronto. Available 7 Days Per Week By Appointment