I love me some Carnitas and you can enjoy this #WhatsCookinWednesday Best Slow Cooker Carnitas guilt-free and without it taking loads of your time cause I’m providing the easiest and tastiest recipe I could find! Oh, yeah I did! You decide how you will enjoy this tasty creation… over a salad, in some chili or in a low carb wrap like the ones I enjoy from Healthy Planet. No matter how you consume them, this carnitas is just the right addition.
And that is not the best part, with a slow cooker you can start these goodies and leave them while you are at work and with little time and effort have dinner waiting for you when you get home. It is as easy as dumping all of the carnitas ingredients into the slow cooker and walking away. It really is that easy!
If you like it tender and juicy just serve right out of the slow cooker. If you like it a little crispy, then drop it right into the broiler.
So, here you go… the easiest recipe I know of!
This makes 12 servings. Each serving comes out to be 867 Calories, 57.2g Fats, 3.5g Net Carbs, and 80.4g Protein.
- 4 lbs pork butt roast
- 2 tbsp bacon grease
- 1 LG onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Smear the bacon grease on the bottom of a large slow cooker.
- Cut the pork into large chunks and place inside the slower cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients around the pork.
- Turn the slow cooker on low for 8 – 10 hours, or high for 4-6 hours.
- Once the pork is fork-tender, use 2 forks to shred the meat into the juices.
- If you like your carnitas crispy on the edges like what you find in restaurants, use a slotted spoon to scoop the meat out of the juices and spread a thin layer on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on the upper oven rack and broil for 2-5 minutes, until dark and crispy edges appear.
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Best Slow Cooker Carnitas Recipe, I spied it on aspicyperspective.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!