#FoodspirationFriday Paleo Crustless Quiche in cooking In honor of all of you who are halfway through the Paleo challenge! Some of you Paleo Challengers have been contacting me for some delicious breakfast recipes and this one is a must-have! And, its specific to a fat loss eating plan. I wasn’t able to master the swirl. If you do, please send me a picture because I love a good miracle.
This one makes 6 servings so if there is only one of you or a few, you can store the leftovers in the freezer and reheat in the oven. If you are an athlete (not looking to lose weight) feel free to add some shredded sweet potato to this recipe for some extra healthy carbs. I personally love it with the sweet potatoes and I enjoy eggs for any meal of the day and this one is no exception. Feed it to me any time and I am a happy trainer. Did you get that? When you make some… bring a serving to me!
Feeling adventurous? Try using different kinds of vegetables and spices to change it up each time you make it. Love some breakfast meats and happen to have some on hand? Throw some bacon or sausage in there too!
Now without further shenanigans here is the recipe.
YIELDS: 6 servings COOKING TIME: 45 minutes PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, bacon fat, or coconut oil
- 1 large zucchini, shredded and grated
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons spice blend of choice.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- Grease a 9 X 13-inch baking dish with the butter
- Strain Zucchini with a strainer bag, pressing to release any excess water. This will keep the quiche from being to wet.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, carrots, eggs, and herbs.
- Pour the egg mixture into the greased baking dish. For a swirled effect, use a fork to create a circular pattern before baking.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Please note that the quiche will swell during baking and will deflate when removed from the oven.
Serve & enjoy!
Len Benoit here and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 Bootcamp in Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #FoodspirationFriday Paleo Crustless Quiche recipe I spied it on balancedbites.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your paleo challenge journey. Check them out. If you are looking for Fitness gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s Only Bootcamp, Co-Ed Bootcamp, Kids Fitness Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our Fitness Programs and our FREE mini-session and find out why our Fitness Gym is right for you!