Nutritious and Delicious Recipe of the Week: Sesame Kale Glow Bowl
Fit1 Bootcamp and Personal Training Centre wants you to feel AWESOME! t’s time to add some awesomely healthy food to your eating plan! This “glow bowl” will make your insides and outsides glow with good health!
This quick and easy (20 minutes!) recipe is courtesy of theglowingfridge.com, an inspiring whole foods recipe site! Don’t be discouraged by the long list of ingredients, we promise that this only takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes to cook.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/sesame oil
- 1/2 of a red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups kale, de-stemmed
- 2 cups broccoli florets (about 1 small head)
- 4 ounces of tempeh, chopped/crumbled
- 2 tablespoons tamari/soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (or powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (black or white)
- Combine 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups water in a medium-sized pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil on medium-high heat. Add the red onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the garlic, kale, broccoli and tempeh. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tamari, water, lime juice, dijon mustard, ginger, pepper, red pepper flakes and sesame seeds. Add mixture to saucepan with vegetables and mix until well combined. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Once quinoa is finished cooking, scoop it into 2-3 bowls and top with the vegetable mixture. Add extra tamari/soy sauce as needed.
- Enjoy! This recipe makes great leftovers for lunches and dinners too!
You’re only one workout away from a good mood, enhanced self-esteem, and improved fitness! Join the Fit1 Bootcamp team in our Etobicoke gym for classes year round, indoors in the winter, and indoors and outdoors in the summer.
Co-Ed Bootcamp Classes in Etobicoke, Toronto
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 7:00am – 8:00am, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00am
Saturday: Karma Classes (minimum $5 donation to abilitygives.org) 9:00am
Women Only Bootcamp Classes in Etobicoke, Toronto
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9:30am-10:30am
Personal Training in Etobicoke, Toronto. Available 7 Days Per Week By Appointment