Today, this 14th week of this cycle of #MindsetMonday we will be exploring the overwhelming thought that many people feel which is, “What if people judge me?”
We all feel at one time or another that we don’t measure up, and some may even feel like others are judging them. I’ve have heard this so many times, and from so many people that I have come to the conclusion that if you are thinking it, chances are so is the person standing next to you. We are all in this together. We have the same fears, concerns, and beliefs. Including, at times that, people are judging me. I can tell you until I am in blue in the face that it simply isn’t the case, however, I think it better to address it in another way.
First, understand that people are generally feeling the same way you are or have at some point in their lives. I had a good friend of mine Elijah, who once said to me that being concerned what others think of you has less to do with self-esteem or insecurities and a whole lot more about ego. Then he put it another way, that I have yet to ever forget. He said, “Look less self-focused and recognize that they are simply too busy overcoming their own fears and concerns to be concerned about you.” This may sound harsh, or it may just be the truth you need in order to let go.
Don’t be concerned with what others think of you. Decide who you are, and who you want to be and focus your attention on that. See it as a possibility and take consistent action to bring it to fruition. Really is there any other way? Not getting started on changing your life because of a thought… is a little like letting a piece of straw trip your feet. Allow yourself to see who you are on the inside until you see it reflected back at you on the outside.
Change It Today
- Know who you are and any concerns of what others perceive or believe about you simply will hold no power over your thinking.
- Never doubt that we as humans are all in this together. We all fundamentally have the same fears, and concerns. On the flip side, we also want the same things from life. If we boiled it down to its core, don’t we all just want to love and to be loved. This has to start with loving yourself.
- Embrace who you are now and visualize who you are becoming.
- Have gratitude for how far you have come even if you made the first step today.
Think It and Say It
- I am happy to be me.
- I love who I am and appreciate what I am becoming.
- I embrace myself and others.
- I am supportive and am supported by those around me.
Power Thought For Today
People come into my life that reflects the good in me.
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, or Karma Bootcamp for Charity, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you! Ask us about our Mindset of Change guy that comes FREE with every enrollment!