Welcome to week 6 of #MindsetMonday Changing The Belief, “I’ve got so much stuff going on right now.” I have heard excuses under this umbrella range from, “I have kids and they keep me so busy” to “I have a lot of responsibility at work.” And all I can think of is airplane flights. I know, you must be asking yourself, what in the world that I am talking about…So allow me to explain. When we board an airplane on our way to whatever destination, we have to have a little lecture from the crew about what to do in the event of an emergency. You know the one… “In the event that the cabin loses pressure, the oxygen mask will fall from the ceiling, please administer oxygen to yourself before attempting to aide another passenger.”
Why do they suggest this? The answer is simple… you cannot be at your best for others until you are at your best with yourself. When you are at your best, you bring the best of yourself into every situation. You being a sense of calm, well-being, joy, enthusiasm and energy to every aspect of your life. Give the gift of health to yourself and your ability to give to others will be limitless.
Outside of the amazing benefit of becoming physically fit, exercise has been shown to aid in focus, concentration and even enhance positive mood. Along with good nutrition, there is very little out there that beats it! Don’t believe me? Find out for yourself. You will find that it’s the best thing you ever did for yourself… and for those around you! Besides, you can call and ask for the 30 minute Quick HITT 30 minute burner that is going up on the schedule soon!
Change It Today
- Change the way you see yourself. You are not here to give to others without first making sure you have met your own needs. Bring 100% into everything you do, by being at your 100%.
- Change the way you see responsibility and giving. Giving does always mean sacrifice. Don’t sacrifice your health and well-being for the sake of others but rather be at your best so that you are the gift to others.
- Change the way you see wellness. Good nutrition and a good consistent workout routine is the foundation needed to bring energy and enthusiasm to the work you do for others.
Think It and Say It
- I give myself the time that I need to be at my best for others.
- I engage my body, mind, and spirit, daily to be a gift to others.
- I exercise to make my body operate at 100% each and every day.
- I eat a nutritious food to fuel my body so that it operates optimally.
Power Thought For Today
I take good care of myself first so that I can offer my best 100% of the time.
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!