Have you ever felt like things simply weren’t going your way, that it was just too much effort and not enough progress? The reality is that every BODY is different. What we have put it (the body) through over the years sets the obstacles that we have to overcome today! It may have taken a lot of effort to get you where you are and it will take you a lot of effort to get you out of it. There are some other thoughts and or excuses we can contrive to distract ourselves from taking good care of our bodies through exercise. One is to get discouraged by the thought that “It’s no use.” Sometimes progress doesn’t happen as quickly as we want it to. In fact, it amazes me that people can spend years doing the wrong things and making the wrong decisions and yet think that if they can’t turn that around with a month of exercise that they are failing somehow.
Thoughts like “I may as well give up,” or “It isn’t working” starts to invade and before you know it we start to think with a defeatist mindset. The reality is, depending on just how much damage the body needs to undo or correct, it can take time just to get the body to adjust to the exercise routine and new eating program. Stick with it and the body will adjust. Did you know that if you have damaged the body through poor nutrition that damage has to be reversed before you will see results? In fact, many people without their knowledge suffer from a fatty liver. It takes a little time to correct the liver function so that it functions properly (does its job).
You know one thing, what you were doing in the past wasn’t working. Now if you put as much effort into doing right by yourself as you put into your past decisions… if you commit as wholeheartedly into this new way of operating you will see results. The longer it takes the bigger the transformation! Overcome your thoughts of “It’s no use today!”
Change It Today
- Pay attention to your body and what it is telling you. You may not see results on the scale right away, but you will feel it in the body! It will reflect in inflammation reduction, pain reduction, increased well-being and so much more.
- Believe that it is working. It is impossible to do all the right things by your body and not receive the benefits. The first thing is to master the routine and the next thing is to master the mind.
- Stick to it! You will see the results that you are looking for. When you think you want to give up, put it off quitting until tomorrow, then tomorrow put it off again.
- Keep a journal and write down daily the changes you feel in the body. Enjoying increased energy, less bloat, better flexibility, and mobility. These are all signs that you are on the right track.
Think It and Say It
- I am growing stronger every day.
- My body responds to the work I put into exercise.
- I strengthen my body from the inside out.
- I am strengthened by the progress I am making.
- I give up giving up.
- I conquer my mind.
Power Thought For Today
I change each and every day!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!