Welcome to day 5 of Fit 1’s Track to Mental Fitness entitled, #MindsetMonday Changing The Belief, “Exercise Is Just So Boring.” A lot of people don’t stay with a fitness routine because they find working out boring. The reality is, however, that they have not found the right fitness program for them. At Fit 1 Bootcamp class is energetic, challenging and filled with small and long-term goals designed to keep you engaged and challenged. It’s never boring! That is because the people who make up the membership body are there for the same reason and enjoy giving support to one another.
However, I must mention a simple fact, and that is that as adults we are asked to participate in life, the good, the bad and the boring of it. We all have to engage in things that are “boring” such as spending time getting ready for the day. In life, we spend more time doing the mundane than we spend being entertained. Does that mean that we should stop doing these things just because we might perceive them as boring? I mean should we stop taking showers, checking the mail, getting the kids ready for school, or brushing our teeth, just because they don’t have entertainment value? We could of course, but is that the best idea? I mean you don’t have to brush all of your teeth… just the ones you want to keep!
Those who are able to stick with a workout routine are those who see it as just another task to be completed for the purpose of a better life. Avoiding it only prevents the ability to experience your best health, your best body, your best mind, and your best spirit. To be successful realize that entertaining any reason not to do it is pointless. If you don’t enjoy it, you don’t stop doing it, you simply find the workout that is most engaging, challenging and beneficial to your overall well-being and focus on the gains, challenges… the changes. So it’s boring… so what… do it anyway and before long you will find yourself looking forward to it!
Change it Today
- Change the way you look at your health and fitness. It isn’t about entertainment it is about health and wellbeing. Find it boring… do it anyway and before long you will come to point where you cannot imagine your day without it!
- Change the way you work out. Give yourself small challenges. I remember that when I was learning to engage with people the phone, (believe it or not there is a whole other side to the job that I do, and that is to introduce people to the program). At first, I didn’t enjoy it, in fact, I really tried to find every way to avoid it. But one day I decided that though it wasn’t the most fun part of the job, it was the most important part of the job because it was from that first contact, that would allow them to make a decision that could potentially change their lives forever. Now I don’t see it as boring, or challenging, I see it as an opportunity to change a life.
- Change the way you see your workouts. What are you they for? Stay focused on the benefits and engage those you are working in a positive and energetic manner and you will soon find that you begin to engage with your workouts in the same way.
Think It and Say It
- I engage in my workout routine from a mindset of progress.
- I offer encouragement to others and find enjoyment in the routine.
- I challenge myself daily.
- I overcome the challenges that I set for myself daily.
- I am present and feel the changes happening in my mind, body, and spirit.
Power Thought For Today
I do what it takes and enjoy the process of exercise!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!