Today, this 15th week of this cycle of #MindsetMonday we will be exploring the overwhelming thought that many people feel which is, “I indulged and I feel guilty.”
How many times have you found yourself in this situation where you have over indulged and have a sense of regret and guilt? Sometimes we make mistakes and the best recourse is just to move on and jump back into our normal routine. To spend any time beating ourselves up about it is to waste energy on the wrong thing and pull our attention away from starting jumping right back in. The reality is that for those of you that are emotional eaters the worst thing that you can do is to allow an overwhelming emotion take up any space in your mind. Like the wind allow the thought to blow right past and simply change the action.
So often we feel guilty because we know what the right thing is, heck we may have even stayed on the straight and narrow path with our fitness routine and good eating habits only to find ourselves falling back into an old pattern. No matter it if is one misstep or a week don’t let it rob you of your goals and purpose and nothing seems to do that faster than spending time feeling guilty.
Guilt isn’t motivational. It is tears down your confidence and sense of well-being, so don’t spend any of your time on it today. Rather decide the first step to getting back into action. Get right back on track and move forward.
Change It Today
- Even if you find yourself slipping, the best way to get on track is to recognize it and decide on to move forward. Don’t waste your time belittling or berating yourself, spend your energy moving forward.
- Just take a mental accounting of where it went astray. Getting off of routine doesn’t happen in an instant. Consider what things led you off track so that you can avoid them in the future. It amazes me still the things that can pull us out of alignment. Lack of sleep, stress, missed meals. These are just a few of the triggers that can pull you off track. Make sure you are treating yourself well and the likelihood of going off track lessons.
- Believe it is already done… you are over it and back on track!
- Don’t beat yourself up, but rather live in the present.
- Understand that you don’t have to be perfect.
Think It and Say It
- I commit to the things that improve my health and well-being.
- I admit when I struggle and then move forward.
- I live in the present moment.
Power Thought For Today
I am good enough!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, or Karma Bootcamp for Charity, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you! Ask us about our Mindset of Change guy that comes FREE with every enrollment!