Today, this 16th week of this cycle of #MindsetMonday we will be exploring the overwhelming thought that many people feel which is, “I don’t do enough.” This kind of thinking focuses the attention on what we aren’t doing rather than what we are. The reality is for one to progress and to stay the path it is important to place the attention and acknowledge the strides we have and are taking each and every day towards a healthier and happier life.
Consider this, no matter what you decide on as your form of exercise and nutrition the idea is to stick with it! Are there some exercise routines and nutritional programs that are better than others. Of course! But the best exercise and nutritional program is the one that you can get behind and ultimately stick with.
I was having a conversation with a client a few days ago and there was something that came from the conversation that really stood out and that was that we cannot be thinking about what we cannot do, or what we cannot have but rather how we can have it! I will not tell you all of the things you cannot do, but rather all of the ways you can! For instance, one program might tell you that you cannot have cake. I say, yes you can… let me show you how! My goal is not to tell you that you cannot have cookies but rather show you how you can! So rather than tell yourself that you are not doing enough, place your attention on the steps that you are taking to have a healthy, happier life.
Change It Today
- Even though it may seem like “right thinking” to want to ask yourself if you are doing enough, the reality is that it can lead to worry, concern, and ultimately self loathing. Instead, place your attention on all of the things that you are doing right and add to that once you are strong and consistent with what you started.
- Rather than to deprive yourself with a “Can’t” way of looking at your nutritional efforts, ask how you can enjoy the things you love. There are variations out there for everything. Ask! In fact, I get all of my goodies (yes I have them) for anything from ice cream to bread in a healthy high fat low carb version. I get a lot of my goodies like cookies and other delicious treats from LeFatChat HorsD’Vorures. You can check them out at @fatchat.horsdoeuvres.
Think It and Say It
- I recognize the positive changes that I have made and am making in my life.
- I am consistent with the efforts I make to create a healthy body, mind and spirit.
- I find healthy alternatives so that I may enjoy the things that I love!
Power Thought For Today
I do more than enough!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, or Karma Bootcamp for Charity, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you! Ask us about our Mindset of Change guy that comes FREE with every enrollment!