Welcome to week 9 entitled, #MindsetMonday Changing The Belief, “I can’t…!”
There are a host of things that people assume, think, or feel that they cannot do. This is one of those fill in the blank beliefs. If you can think it, it is has likely been uttered. If you can think it, it has also likely been overcome by someone just like you… and so why not you? I have heard this one stated in hundreds of different ways that range from: “I am weak and I can’t change that” or “I can’t because I am too old,” or even, “I can’t because I am too overweight,” If you can think it, I have heard it and you have likely said it too at some point in your training and or in your life. This mentality and attitude sets you up to quit and or to fail. It is important that it ends today.
The reality is that YOU CAN. You can find a way. The way you think is a precursor to what you create in life! Henry Ford, an American inventor of the Ford Motor Company, had this to say, “Think you can or think you can’t, either way, you will be right!” What does this mean exactly? Simply put… “You are what you think you are!” And if you are what you think you are, you can achieve what you think you can achieve. So think YOU CAN today!
Change It Today
- Remember the importance of the things you think. What you think you can do changes your behavior. It changes your actions where they take on actions that help or actions that harm. Consider the children’s book called the “Little Engine That Could,” what the little engine believed he could do… he did!
- Say it aloud right now: I CAN! Keep saying it and you will find yourself believing it. Believe it and you will find yourself taking the action necessary to achieve it. Take the actions to achieve it and you will receive it!
- What you put into your mind is essential to what is achieved in the world. Take I can’t right out of your vocabulary and change I CAN’T with I CAN! Remember, say it aloud, so that your ears may hear. Write it down so that your eyes may see. Believe it so that your actions will reflect it!
Think It and Say It
- I can do it!
- I say it aloud so that my ears can hear.
- I write it down so that my eyes can see.
- I believe I can do it and it reflects in my actions.
- I take action!
Power Thought For Today
I CAN do it, and I make the first step toward it today!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. This #MIndsetMonday simply remember to get into the mind over matter spirit and know that you have control over your thoughts. Take the time to reframe your mind so that it doesn’t get in the way of progress! If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our 28 Day Quick Start Challenge and find out why FIT is right for you!