It’s that time of year where I love me some soup so I bring you the #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Instant Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup. I couldn’t think of anything better on a snowy day in Toronto this spicy chicken soup that’s sure to warm the body and soul. This one is a hearty dish that is easy to cook up. All you need is some chicken, butter, and spices and some Instant Pot Magic! It doesn’t get any easier than this when all you have to do is simmer your goodies in the Instant Pot and then thickened up with cream, xanthan gum, and cheese. If you don’t have an Instant Pot you can also cook in a slow cooker for 4-6 hours. However, there is a good reason I keep pushing you guys on an Instant Pot. You can usually make in 35 minutes what takes you 4-6 hours in a slow-cooker. So, if you have to indulge in anything in the kitchen, make it an Instant Pot.
The only thing that is better than the way this soup smells is the way it tastes, so give it a try today/ You will be glad that you did.
This is great served with sour cream, cilantro, and extra cheese!
SERVINGS: 8 servings (1 cup) CALORIES: 463.13 FAT: 29.84g CARBS: 4.62g PROTEIN: 41.22g
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 medium jalapeno, diced with seeds removed
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
- Turn the Instant Pot on to the low saute setting. Melt the butter.
- Whisk in the coconut flour and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth. Add chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts into the slow cooker.
- Add the green chilies and jalapeno.
- Seal the Instant Pot then pressure cook for 15 minutes. Once it’s done do a manual release.
- Stir in the heavy whipping cream and xanthan gum, then mix in the cheese. You can use tongs to break the chicken up into smaller pieces, or remove and slice then add back to the pot.
- Serve with chopped cilantro and additional cheese if desired.
You can thank me by bringing me some!
Len Benoit here and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 Bootcamp in Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Instant Pot King Ranch Chicken Soup, I spied it on Ruled.me but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then follow our blog, we put out recipes every Wednesday. Check them out! If you are looking for Fitness gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s Only Bootcamp, Co-Ed Bootcamp, Kids Fitness Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our Fitness Programs and our FREE mini-session and find out why our Fitness Gym is right for you!