SERVINGS: 6 servings (1 cup) CALORIES: 251 FAT: 17g CARBS: 6g PROTEIN: 16g
- 3 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 cloves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-2 paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 240 ml beef broth
- 120 ml (gluten free or low carb) beer
- 60 ml strong brewed coffee (optional)
- kosher salt
- Heat up olive oil in a large pot over medium/ high heat.
- Add garlic and onion and cook until it just begins to brown (about 8 minutes)
- Lower the heat to med, and add ground beef, cloves and a large pinch of salt.
- Cook until it begins to brown, stirring every so often (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add in all the spices and cook for a couple of minutes until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and continue to cook over medium heat until it begins to simmer.
- Lower the heat to low and continue to cook for 15 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Add in the beef broth, beer (optional) and coffee (optional).
- Continue to cook for 3-8 hours. You can add 1/4 cup water or broth if needed.
- All you chili to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
A note with this chili, it’s’ even better the next day.
You can thank me by bringing me some!
Len Benoit here and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 Bootcamp in Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatscookinWednesday Keto Chilli, I spied it on www.gnom-gnom.com but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then follow our blog, we put out recipes every Wednesday. Check them out! If you are looking for Fitness gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s Only Bootcamp, Co-Ed Bootcamp, Kids Fitness Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our Fitness Programs and our FREE mini-session and find out why our Fitness Gym is right for you!
Check this out, there are so many ways to make chili and I have never tasted one as good as this #WhatscookinWednesday Keto and Paleo ChiliI! I am confident that you will love it too! A quick tip for you beginners is to use a prepacked chili mix just in case you don’t know what to put in or have all of the ingredients in your pantry. I don’t have much to say about this one, I’m gonna let it speak for itself.
You simply can’t go wrong with this delicious and healthy recipe!