In honor of all of you who are halfway through the Paleo challenge that is looking for some yummy recipes, this one is for you! I went about a search to find delicious but easy to make recipes for those of you who are new to paleo and this one hits the sweet spot. Or the sweet and sour spot. This recipe is a taste bud pleaser.
What do you get when you combine thick and succulent pork chops, sear them in a pan then bake them only to then slathered them with a sweet glaze, to then finish them off with a nice roasting until they are perfectly caramelized. You get delicious!
It may sound complicated, but there is nothing complicated about this recipe. It’s easy to make!
You are going to love it!
Yields 4 servings at 215 Cal per serving, 13g Fat, 11g Net Carbs, and 13g Protein.
- 4 pork chops bone-in (about 8 oz / 225 grams each)
- 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and place a rack in the middle.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large cast-iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillets) over medium-high heat.
- When sizzling, add pork chops and sear on both sides until golden, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place in the oven and roast for about 6 minutes.
- While it’s in the oven, combine all glaze ingredients in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to simmer and cook until reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pork chops from the oven, pour glaze over them, return to the oven and bake for about 4 minutes until caramelized.
Serve & enjoy!
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatsCookinWednesday Easy Paleo Sweet and Sour Pork Chops recipe I spied it on theironyou.com, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your paleo challenge journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, KidFit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!