It’s that time of year again where I like to eat some warm delicious comfort foods like chili and soups. So today I decided to track down a healthy soup recipe with some of my favorite ingredients and came across this #WhatscookinWednesday Cheesy Cauliflower & Bacon Soup.
This recipe takes about 30 minutes to complete from start to finish and its worth every minute of your time. It’s the perfect dish for this fall climate as its thick, creamy, chunky, filling and packed with flavor. I mean bacon people… bacon! This is also a pretty healthy batch, so if you are eating alone put a few servings in the fridge and a few in the freezer and enjoy over the next few weeks. If you are eating with a family, there is enough for everyone!
Yields 6 servings at 343.33 Cal per serving, 28.7g Fat, 4.43g Net Carbs, and 16.89g Protein.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons bacon bits
- In a deep pan, heat up 3/4 of the olive oil and the garlic on medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the cauliflower.
- Pour in the chicken broth and water, bringing it to a boil over high heat. Stir frequently.
- Once it’s boiling, stir in the heavy whipping cream then turn the heat down to medium.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of your oil and xanthan gum to make a slurry.
- Drop your slurry into the soup and stir. It should start to thicken.
- Little by little, add in your cheese, stirring it into the soup so it melts.
- Whisk in your bacon and serve!
How easy was that?
My name is Len Benoit and I’m the owner/trainer at Fit 1 in Toronto/Etobicoke. I didn’t invent this delicious #WhatsCookinWednesday Cheesy Cauliflower & Bacon Soup I spied it on ruled.me, but I will enjoy it right along with the rest of you. If you liked this one then there are a lot of delicious recipes just right for your keto journey. Check them out. If you are looking for gyms in Etobicoke or Toronto and want more information about my Women’s and Co-Ed Bootcamp, Youth Sportfit Program, or Personal Training classes, give me a call at 647-776-7776 or visit the website at www.fit1bootcamp.com. Come in for a FREE 7-Day Trial membership if you are friends with one of our members, if not, head on over to the website to learn more about our FREE 1 session mini-session and find out why FIT is right for you!